The Say on Pay Frequency Tracking page has been updated to reflect proxies filed through March 15, 2011.
The past week and the first two days of this week, the proxy filings really began to come in. 223 new SOP frequency recommendations were filed.
The tide has finally turned. The Triennial SWOP is no longer the frequency recommended by the most companies having filed their proxies this proxy season (45.0%). Instead, the leading frequency has now become Annual SWOP at 47.1% of all companies filing SWOP recommendations. However, during this last week or so, six (6) more companies came forward and recommended Biennial SOP frequency. Finally, five (5) more companies came forward with no recommendation on SOP frequency.
Notable companies that filed proxies last week and indicated their preference for say on pay vote frequency:
- Annual: Abbott Laboratories, Avon Products, Capital One Financial Corporation, Fifth Third Bancorp, General Electric Company, Honeywell International, Humana, J. C. Penney Company, Kellogg Company, Kohl’s Corporation, MetLife, Northern Trust Corporation, The Bank of New York Mellon, The Coca-Cola Company, Waste Management
- Biennial: Avery Dennison Corporation, VF Corporation
- Triennial: AT&T, Baxter International, Berkshire Hathaway, Express Scripts, Moody’s Corporation, Spectra Energy Corp, Stanley Black & Decker, U.S. Bancorp, United Parcel Service
- No Recommendation: Advanced Micro Devices
Here are the current stats:
- Annual: 281 (47.1%)
- Biennial: 22 (3.7%)
- Triennial: 268 (45.0%)
- No recommendation: 25 (4.2%)
Total companies tracked: 596